On September 7th and 8th, the German Council Congress will take place again in Berlin for the first time after the Corona break. After two alternative and successful 3-5-1 conferences under strict restrictions, this year the German Council of Shopping Places will present a broad and colorful mix of guests in Berlin. The title of the conference is “Space” and it will take place at Bolle Festsäle.
“We are very pleased to finally be able to bring together the retail and commercial real estate family in person and in one place in Berlin”, says Christine Hager, Chairwoman of the Board of Management. “The lectures and discussions give rise to many questions about the preservation of lively marketplaces and attractive inner cities,” adds Hager. “SPACE is not just the word for the space key on a computer, but also for public space and even outer space. We therefore spell SPACE: S for Shopping, P for Places, A for Attention, C for Culture and E for Environment.”
Prominent speakers include:
- Prof. Dr. Heiner Flassbeck, former United Nations Chief Economist for Trade and Development
- Lubomila Jordanova, CEO of the software company Plan A and recognized as one of the Top 50 Women in Tech 2021 by the Handelsblatt
- Omid Nouripour, Federal Chairman of Bündnis 90/DIE GRÜNEN
- Heiko Gentner, Levis Strauss & Co.
- Jesper Reismann, Hugo Boss AG
- Patrick Rüther, restaurateur
You can download the conference program here.