With the ambitious expansion of its EV charging network, the Schwarz Group is actively promoting the mobility transition. By the end of the 2022 fiscal year, the corporate group will install around 6,200 new EV charging points at store locations of its retail divisions across Europe, thus increasing the total number of EV charging points in its EV charging network to approximately 13,000.
For the expansion of its EV charging infrastructure, the retail company is relying on its long-standing expertise, while at the same time capitalizing on a newly developed EV charging station with fast charging technology (DC). The newest generation of charging stations features two powerful DC charging points and an additional AC charging point.
Expansion of EV charging network at Lidl and Kaufland
- With more than 1,050 EV charging points, Lidl already offers one of the largest networks of EV charging stations in Germany’s retail sector.
- The sustainable discount grocery store plans to install 1,800 new charging points in its store parking lots around the country by the end of the 2022 fiscal year.
- As of March 2023, almost one third of the more than 3,200 Lidl stores will be equipped with charging options for electric vehicles.
- Kaufland currently offers its customers in Germany over 270 EV charging points.
- The retail company aims to provide around 380 new charging points in its store parking lots by the end of the 2022 fiscal year.
- By March 2023, the full-range supplier will have installed charging options for electric vehicles at almost one third of its more than 700 stores.
Shopping and recharging
Thanks to the expanded network of EV charging stations, Lidl and Kaufland customers will be able to recharge their vehicles quickly and comfortably in numerous additional store parking lots across Europe while shopping. Even during thirty minutes of shopping, it is possible to increase the range of an emission-free electric vehicle by up to 150 kilometers, more than half of the average weekly range required by drivers in Germany.