The celebrations will center on the opening of the quarter’s retail, food & beverage and leisure area. The letting rate for this area is now at almost 90 percent. In recent weeks, URW has brought a further 25 partners on board. KARL LAGERFELD, Sephora and Karo Kauer, among others, will open new stores in the quarter directly at the river Elbe.
“We are now on the home stretch in the realization of Westfield Hamburg-Überseequartier and have been continuously handing over areas to our tenants for weeks now,” says Andreas Hohlmann, Managing Director Austria & Germany at Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield. “The store fit-outs throughout the quarter are progressing rapidly. In recent weeks, we have brought another 25 brands on board and with the current letting rate of almost 90 percent, only a few units are still available. Together with all our partners, we are looking forward to the grand opening of Westfield Hamburg-Überseequartier, this new piece of Hamburg, on April 25, 2024.“
New Brands at Westfield Hamburg-Überseequartier:
- KARL LAGERFELD – The KARL LAGERFELD brand will return to the birthplace of the fashion icon with its own store and strengthen the brand mix in the premium retail segment.
- Sephora – Largest Sephora store in Northern Germany! Sephora will realize the latest store concept that the brand has also established at Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City (London).
- Karo Kauer – After a successful roadshow through Germany in 2023, the brand of the influencer, trendsetter and designer is now coming to Northern Germany with its first own store.
- Rip n dip – First store in Europe of the skate brand known from the USA. The operator will be the well-known skater Richie Löffler, who already runs Mantis Skate Shop in Hamburg. The store is another highlight in the streetwear and lifestyle sector.
- Motel a Miio – unique and handmade ceramic products and tableware.
Lascana and Only & Sons will also open stores. Leasing in the food & beverage sector is also almost complete. Most partners are now on board for the special food & beverage segment ‘The Kitchen’, where various local street food providers will be represented in an authentic food hall atmosphere. The varied selection is enriched by the bar concept Baby Goat and Bear Claw, the local hero from the Hanseatic city with its burger, sandwich and salad offerings. There is also Chingu (Korean fried chicken) and Chay (Asian vegan), Zushi Market (sushi), Poori (Indian street food) and Spießig (modern Turkish cuisine including premium kebab).
The beauty cluster with hairdresser, barber shop, cosmetics studio and beauty spa has also been completed with regional and local partners.
Westfield Hamburg-Überseequartier: urban regeneration
At Westfield Hamburg-Überseequartier in Hamburg’s HafenCity, an ensemble of a total of 14 buildings is being created that will form a new vibrant place in Hamburg with outstanding architecture and a unique mix of uses. Retail, food & beverage as well as entertainment and culture will be finely balanced with 579 apartments, offices for 4,000 workplaces, three hotels with 819 rooms and a cruise terminal. The quarter is optimally integrated into the local infrastructure with its own metro station, bus lines and various mobility services. The mixed-use project with a clear focus on sustainability, both during construction and in the upcoming operation, consists of a total area of 419,000 sq m and is being realized by Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield with an investment volume of 1.6 billion euros.