Walter Seib re-joined HMSHost in February 2012 as CEO of HMSHost International focussing on three primary regions: Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia, including China. In this position Walter is responsible for all business development and operations in airports and other travel venues. Walter reports to Autogrill’s Group CEO, Gianmario Tondato and is part of the Senior Executive team of Autogrill Group.
Prior to this position, Mr. Seib was CEO of La Place, a leading restaurant chain in the Netherlands and Belgium at high traffic locations. Walter also served as member of the board for V&D Group, a department store chain in the Netherlands with an annual turnover of € 1 billion.
Mr. Seib joined HMSHost in 1993 as a Multi-Unit Restaurant Manager. Throughout his career at HMSHost, he held management positions, including Food & Beverage Manager at Schiphol Airport, Director of Concepts & Marketing for HMSHost Development Team in Europe, and later as Managing Director of HEMS, HMSHost’s Netherlands subsidiary responsible for food and beverage operations at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and largest operation outside the United States.
Immediately prior to joining La Place, Mr. Seib was Managing Director of HMSHost International for all business development and operations outside of North America and Canada. The international operations includes activities in 19 countries in Europe (The Netherlands, Finland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, Russia, Ireland and the Eurotunnel), United Arab Emirates, Qatar, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, China, Australia and New Zealand. Additionally, he was Senior Vice President for HMSHost Corporation and part of the Senior Executive team of HMSHost Corporation.
Prior to joining HMSHost, he held management positions with Wescho Gastronomie and Mövenpick.
Mr. Seib studied at Vienna’s Gastgewerbefachschule School of Hotel Management.
The board currently consists of 20 members
The ACROSS Advisory Board’s declared aim is to offer its expertise in topic identification and formulation. The board currently has 20 members. There will be a semi-annual discussion process whereby the advisory board identifies the challenges and opportunities the industry faces and what burning problems and emerging trends they see.
The ACROSS Advisory Board includes the following industry experts:
- Christoph Achammer, Chairman of the Board at ATP architects engineers
- Patrick Delcol, Head of Pan-European Retail at BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Jonathan Doughty, Global Head of Foodservice at ECE
- Scott Dwyer, COO of Atrium Europe
- Joanna Fisher, Managing Director Center Management at ECE
- Andreas Hohlmann, Managing Director of Unibail-Rodamco- Westfield Germany
- Peter Karai, Sales Director at Futureal Group
- Josip Kardun, CEO of Multi Corporation
- Daniel Losantos, CEO of Neinver
- Henrik Madsen, Managing Director Northern Europe at McArthurGlen
- Thomas Mark, President of the MK Illumination Group
- Christof Papousek, CFO of the Constantin Film group of companies
- Dietmar Reindl, COO of Immofinanz Group
- Martin Sabelko, Managing Director at Warburg-HIH Invest Real Estate Austria
- Katharina von Schacky, Divisional Head of Real Estate Markets Shopping at Commerz Real
- Walter Seib, CEO of HMSHost International
- Jacques Sinke, CEO of reteam international
- Árpád Török, CEO of TriGranit
- Henrike Waldburg, Head of Investment Management Retail at Union Investment, and
- Marcus Wild, CEO of SES Spar European Shopping Center