Taking the total number of bars and restaurants under the world-famous tented roof of The O2 to 34, the best vegan, street food and international restaurants will be opening this spring including by CHLOE., Hai Di Lao, Hook, Beer + Burger, Benito’s Hat, Thunderbird and Scarlet.
Complementing the existing food and beverage offering at The O2, and appealing to ICON Outlet’s new retail audience, phase two of ICON Outlet’s development will introduce a selection of new flagship restaurants with exclusive open-air gardens, including:
- New York’s hip fast-casual plant-based brand, by CHLOE., is first on the menu to open a 5,400 sq ft restaurant. Featuring a 1,500 sq ft external garden oasis, and offering visitors delicious, wholesome, vegan food that fuels and energizes without compromising flavour or taste
- China’s biggest hot pot restaurant brand, Hai Di Lao, is also set to open a 8,200 sq ft restaurant with a 2,800 sq ft mezzanine, in May. Serving Chinese-style hotpot, the brand is well renowned for its flavored soup into which diners place meat, vegetables and noodles. This will be the second European restaurant following its recent announced opening at The Trocadero in Piccadilly Circus
Among the highly successful entertainment district and located beside the newly extended 19-screen Cineworld complex at The O2, London’s hottest street food retailers will be launching their latest sites, including:
- Starting with a simple market stall in Dublin,Hook, will be opening their second site in London following the success of their Camden site, renowned for a ‘new-school’ take on the classic fish and chips the brand only works with 100% sustainable small fisheries, day-boats and local suppliers
- Serving mouthwatering ‘dude’ food, Beer + Burger will open its fourth site in London at The O2, the independent is known for its straightforward menu choice with just six burgers and an extensive selection of craft beer
- Vibrant Mexican street food operator Benito’s Hat, will bring its famous burritos and margaritas to The O2, Benito’s will be the brand’s fourth site in London, visitors can expect to experience Mexico’s rich culinary culture in a funky and warm atmosphere
- Former NASCAR racer Matt Harris, fries chicken using traditional recipes with a modern twist, boasting the best wings in London, Thunderbird will open its third site, following its stalls at Canary Wharf and Dinerama in Shoreditch
- Bringing authentic traditional street food of India to life, Scarlet, willuse the best quality fresh halal food and ingredients cooked in authentic Tandoori grills, woks and ovens for a true taste of India
Speaking on behalf of AEG and Crosstree, Marion Dillon, Leasing Director for ICON Outlet and The O2, said: “These latest additions bring an exciting food theatre to our existing food and beverage line-up at The O2, and together with the retail offer from ICON Outlet create an unrivalled and trend-led destination for our customers. Located just minutes from central London, the destination places an emphasis on customer experience, with brands deliberately chosen that will appeal to visitors in pursuit of engaging and inspiring retail and dining offers.”
A spokesperson at Hai Di Lao, added: “Our footprint in the UK is expanding and we are excited to confirm our second site in the capital will be at The O2. We’re delighted to bring our popular hot pot menu to North Greenwich giving us exposure to such a significant high volume of footfall and impressively wide demographic. This was a totally unique opportunity for us which we were keen to embrace.”
Samantha Wasser, Co-Founder of by CHLOE., said: “We are so proud to be one of the first food and beverage brands to join the ICON Outlet at The O2. We look forward to opening our third by CHLOE. store in London and meeting our new customers at The O2. We have a few fun surprises lined up for the launch that we cannot wait to share!”
The launch of ICON Outlet means visitors to The O2 are now able to enjoy a 360-degree experience that fuses retail, dining and entertainment. ICON Outlet defines urban outlet malls and has been developed to appeal to a cross-section of key consumers, including the residential catchment, current visitors to The O2, city workers and London’s tourists. Served by the Jubilee Line, MBNA Thames Clippers and the Emirates Air Line, it is easy to reach for the majority of the capital’s ten million population, as well as the 31 million domestic and foreign visitors to London every year.
Davis Coffer Lyons and Lunson Mitchenall are the F&B leasing agents for The O2. Richard Thomas now of Fleurets represented Hai Di Lao.