Among the well-known Hamburg restaurateurs, some of them award-winning, which will liven up the Hanseviertel with “Le big TamTam” in the coming year are:
- Vena Steinkönig and Valentin Broer, operators of Momo Ramen, will provide Asian delights.
- Patrick Rüther and Axel Ohm from ÜberQuell will serve authentic pizza and craft beer.
- Miguel Zaldívar, founder of the first taquerías in Germany, creates Mexican specialties at Miguélez with a modern twist to it.
- Niels Berschneider wows with a sustainable concept for chicken.
- Burhan Schawich and Samet Kaplan from Underdocks in Hamburg reinterpret classic fish dishes in a completely new way.
- Björn Juhnke, owner of HACO (Hamburg’s Restaurant of the Year 2022), will provide sweets and savories directly from the oven with his bakery.
The gastro area is located in the basement, which was sealed for about 15 years before the renovation work began. The central meeting point will be the bar at Le big TamTam, which will be operated jointly by all the restaurateurs. The architects from gmp are responsible for the implementation of the construction measures, while the concept and design of the gastronomy area is the responsibility of the design office studio aisslinger in Berlin. The concept was developed by CBRE Investment Management together with tellerrand consulting.
Tim Mayer, Head of Asset Management Retail Germany and Austria, at CBRE Investment Management, says: “This alliance of young, well-known and conceptually strong Hamburg scene restaurateurs is a cooperation of this kind that has never been seen before and will certainly become the new heart of Hamburg’s city center. The radiance of the concept shines far beyond the borders of ‘Hansestadt'”
Lars Sammann, the new head of center management at “Hanseviertel” since November 1, adds: “Le big TamTam combines a unique gastronomic variety with entertainment and a shopping experience. With this, we are setting a strong and bold image for the Passagenviertel as well as for the entire Hamburg’s city center as a whole.”