Ibrahim is the Managing Director of Portland Design. Based in London and established in 1987, Portland is part of the global Perkins&Will architecture and design group. Portland is a leading strategic branding and retail design business and works on a broad range of projects including retail, F&B, consumer brands, shopping centers, airports, train stations, mixed-use developments, and urban regeneration
Ibrahim originally trained as an aeronautical engineer and is a post graduate of the Royal College of Art and Imperial College London and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. He is a regular speaker at conferences and a frequent contributor to journals and trade press. He has written regular pieces for The Economist ‘Insights’.
Ibrahim has two children and when he is not overseeing the ‘ideas fuelled’ environment at Portland he is normally with his family or in his workshop making sculpture and furniture, fiddling with classic cars or managing a woodland whilst riding his tractor.
We at ACROSS are looking forward to an even closer cooperation and exciting exchange of ideas and information!
THE BOARD CURRENTLY CONSISTS OF 27 MEMBERS
The ACROSS Advisory Board’s declared aim is to offer its expertise on topic identification and formulation. The board currently has 27 members. There will be a semi-annual discussion process, whereby the advisory board identifies the challenges and opportunities that the industry faces, and what burning problems and emerging trends they see.
The ACROSS Advisory Board currently counts with the following industry experts:
- Ben Chesser, Founder and CEO, Coniq
- Rüdiger Dany, CEO of Nepi Rockcastle
- Jonathan Doughty, Ext. Project Director Leasing Services, ECE Marketplaces GmbH & Co. KG
- Erik Engstrand, CEO and Founder of SAFE Asset Group
- Joanna Fisher, CEO of ECE Marketplaces
- Gregory Fonseca, Director of Architecture BDP
- Andreas Hohlmann, Managing Director Germany of the Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield Group
- Ibrahim Ibrahim, Managing Director of Portland Design
- Chris Igwe, Global Retail Expert
- Yurdaer Kahraman, CEO and Board Member of FİBA Commercial Properties
- Silvio Kirchmair, CEO of umdasch The Store Makers Management GmbH
- Herman Kok, Director of Kern
- Maxence Liagre, CEO of MPC Properties
- Daniel Losantos, CEO of Neinver
- Henrik Madsen, Founder of HMJ International
- Thomas Mark, President of MK Illumination Group
- Giles Membrey, Founder and Managing Director of Rioja Estates
- Markus Porvari, Founder of HyperIn
- Thomas Reichenauer, Co-Founder and Managing Director of ROS Retail Outlet Shopping
- Dietmar Reindl, COO of Immofinanz Group
- Walter Seib, CEO of HMSHost International
- Elmar Schoonbrood, Co-CEO and Board Member at Multi
- Klaus Striebich, Managing Director of RaRe Advise
- Jan Tanner, Tanner Real Estate Consulting
- Peter Tonstad, CEO Placewise Group
- Henrike Waldburg, Head of Investment Management Retail at Union Investment
- Marcus Wild, Member of the Executive Board of Spar Group Austria
Take a look at the current ACROSS Advisory Board.