MIPIM September Edition will be held at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes September 7-8 2021 (opening reception on Monday 6 September). The event will feature an exhibition area, high level conferences, and numerous networking opportunities.
The main topics to be discussed at the conferences and round tables are:
- Climate change – social and environmental criteria, circular economy
- Investment – update on all real estate assets
- Flexible offices – co-working, workspace transformation with case study presentations
- International real estate overview with a focus on France, UK, Germany, Spain and Italy.
- Innovation will also be in the spotlight with Propel by MIPIM, an exhibition area, conference sessions and the Startup Competition.
Among the highlights of the programme:
- Meka Brunel, CEO, Gecina, Pierre-Yves Guice, CEO, Paris La Défense and Assem El Alami, Head of International Real Estate Finance, Berlin Hyp AG will discuss the future of the workplace post-covid.
- Hélène Chartier, Head of Zero Carbon development, C40 Cities, Christopher Poutney, Associate Director, Arup, Eduardo Paes, Mayor of Rio de Janeiro, Begoña Villacís, Vicemayor of Madrid et Carlos Moreno, Scientific director, ETI Chair, University Sorbonne-IAE Paris will discuss how the 15 minute city is a pathway to net zero.
- Peter Freeman CBE, Chair, Homes England, Brune Poirson, Chief Sustainability Officer, Accor, Aleksandra Njagulj, Global Head of ESG, Real Estate, DWS, Karin Barthelmes-Wehr, Managing Director, ICG Institute, Stéphane Villemain, Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ivanhoe Cambridgeand Valérie de Robillard, Head ESG Real Assets, Swiss Life Asset Managers will discuss the importance of ESG in real estate.
- Lucie Pinson, Executive Director, Reclaim France will demonstrate that finance can be a lever to fight climate change.
- Bertrand Piccard, scientist who invented Solar Impulse – the first fuel-less plane with perpetual autonomy – will encourage professionals to work towards an innovative real estate sector, meeting the environmental challenges of our time.
The different asset classes will be analysed by experts:
- Hospitality with Karin Sheppard, SVP & Managing Director, Europe, InterContinental Hotels Group, Xavier Grange, SVP Development France & Southern Europe, Accor, Elsa Tobelem, Deputy CEO, Covivio Hotels and Vanguelis Panayotis, CEO, MKG Consulting.
- Residential with Tom Bloxham MBE, Chairman, Urban Splash and Jan Garde, Founder & CEO, The Embassies Of Good Living AG.
- Healthcare with Sophie Boissard, CEO, Korian and Frederic Dib, President, MoZaïC Asset Management.
- Logistics with Ronan Bolé, Operations Director France, Amazon, Christophe Chauvard, DG France, P3 Parks and Dr. Thomas Steinmüller, CEO, CapTen AG.
And also, various European private and public representatives will be in Cannes to testify on the actions implemented in their country to overcome the crisis:
- Italy with Virginia Raggi, Mayor of Rome
- Spain with a conference on Barcelona and a conference on Madrid with Begoña Villacís, Vice Mayor of Madrid
- United Kingdom with Lord Gerry Grimstone, Minister of State for Investment, Department for International Trade
- Germany with Prof. Dr. Thomas Beyerle, Managing Director, Head of Group Research, Catella
- France with an exclusive summit by invitation only
The MIPIM World 365 digital platform is already accessible here, offering members an opportunity to organise online meetings, watch replays of conferences, and discover exclusive content.
More information about MIPIM September Edition here