The new team structure will lead the delivery of Landsec’s new strategy, announced in October 2020, which seeks to create value for all stakeholders and positions the company for long-term growth. The strategy is based on four priorities; Optimise Landsec’s central London business; Reimagine retail; Realise capital from subscale sectors; and Grow through urban opportunities.
As part of the new Executive Leadership Team structure, Colette O’Shea will assume the newly created title of Chief Operating Officer (‘COO’).
In addition, Bruce Findlay is appointed as Managing Director, Retail, joining the business on 7 December from Furla, where he was Chief Commercial Officer. In a further new appointment to the business, Chris Hogwood joins as Managing Director, Corporate Affairs from Portland. He joins the company in February 2021.
Following these changes and the formalisation of roles, the Executive Leadership Team will comprise:
- Mark Allan, Chief Executive Officer (‘CEO’)
- Martin Greenslade, Chief Financial Officer (‘CFO’) (to transition to Vanessa Simms upon her arrival in 2021)
- Colette O’Shea, Chief Operating Officer
- Bruce Findlay, Managing Director, Retail
- David Heaford, Managing Director, Development
- Marcus Geddes, Managing Director, Central London
- Nick de Mestre, Managing Director, Strategy, Research & Innovation
- Barry Hoffman, Managing Director People and Corporate Services
- Chris Hogwood, Managing Director, Corporate Affairs
Within the new structure, CFO, COO, MD of People and Corporate Services, MD of Strategy, Research and Innovation, and MD of Corporate Affairs will report directly into Mark Allan, CEO.
The Managing Directors of Development, Central London and Retail will report into Colette O’Shea as COO.
Landsec also announces the appointment of Liz Miles as Company Secretary. Tim Ashby will be stepping down as Group General Counsel and Company Secretary with effect from 1 January 2021 following a successful five years at Landsec.
Mark Allan, CEO of Landsec, said: “The level of talent and expertise within Landsec is a real source of strength for the business and a reason why we are recognised as leaders in the sector. I would like to thank Tim for his great contribution and hard work during his time at Landsec. Additionally, we are delighted to welcome Bruce and Chris to the company. With a clear framework in place, this leadership team brings together exceptional individuals with deep, relevant skills and experience that will help deliver our strategic priorities.”