An American, based in Europe for over 30 years, Bill Kistler has held key roles in development, advisory and non-profit organizations. Before joining ICSC he founded and remains non-executive chairman of the Urban Innovation Network (UIN). Previously, he was the Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) first Chief Executive in Europe.
Prior to ULI, Bill was a Senior Client Partner at Korn Ferry, leading the firm’s real estate executive search practice in EMEA. Earlier he started Equinox Partners, a real estate advisory firm with offices in Paris, London and New York. As Directeur Generale of the Disney Development Company, Bill launched the mixed-use development of Val d’Europe at Disneyland Paris. He also held senior roles at JMB Properties in Chicago, Cushman & Wakefield in New York and IBM where he oversaw the company’s real estate in New York and Paris.
Bill is a Trustee of the Urban Land Institute. He holds a BS in Architecture from the University of Southern California.
The board currently consists of 21 members
The ACROSS Advisory Board’s declared aim is to offer its expertise in topic identification and formulation. The board currently has 21 members. There will be a semi-annual discussion process whereby the advisory board identifies the challenges and opportunities the industry faces and what burning problems and emerging trends they see.
The ACROSS Advisory Board includes the following industry experts:
- Christoph Achammer, Chairman of the Board at ATP architects engineers
- Jonathan Doughty, Global Head of Foodservice, Leisure and Placemaking at ECE
- Scott Dwyer, Group Chief Operating Officer at Atrium
- Joanna Fisher, Managing Director Center Management at ECE
- Andreas Hohlmann, Managing Director Germany of the Unibail-Rodamco- Westfield Group
- Peter Karai, Sales Director at Futureal Group
- Josip Kardun, CEO of Multi Corporation
- Bill Kistler, Executive Vice President & Managing Director – EMEA, ICSC
- Daniel Losantos, CEO of Neinver
- Henrik Madsen, Senior Retail Expert
- Thomas Mark, President of the MK Illumination Group
- Christof Papousek, CFO of the Constantin Film Group of Companies
- Thomas Reichenauer, Founder & Managing Director, ROS Retail Outlet Shopping
- Dietmar Reindl, COO of Immofinanz Group
- Katharina von Schacky, Global Head of Shopping at Commerz Real
- Walter Seib, CEO of HMSHost International
- Jacques Sinke, CEO of reteam international
- Jan Tanner, Expert Consultant for the shopping center, retail real estate, and retail industry
- Árpád Török, CEO of TriGranit
- Henrike Waldburg, Head of Investment Management Retail at Union Investment, and
- Marcus Wild, CEO of SES Spar European Shopping Centers