The scheme includes a number of key elements:
– New homes for all ages with a significant number of affordable homes
– An integrated and well-connected town centre
– A 0.5‑acre enlivened town square
– Over two acres of enriched public realm
– Substantial planting and landscaping encouraging biodiversity
– A state-of-the-art leisure centre
Initial designs reveal an elegant streetscape which aims to attract a vibrant mix of independent retailers and businesses, making for a thriving day and night-time economy and a welcoming community hub.
An improved pedestrian and cyclist experience will encourage a greener, more sustainable community lifestyle alongside refreshed green spaces and public realm.
Together, these elements will bring new energy and vitality to Orpington, ensuring its future prosperity for generations to come.