The commercial property sector was in celebration last night at the Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I for The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) 43rd European Shopping Centre Awards.
The awards, delivered under the umbrella of the ICSC Global awards, were held following ICSC’s European Conference, and presented six shopping centres with accolades in categories celebrating the best in Europe’s new developments, established centres, resource and regeneration. They also recognised five further centres for their outstanding refurbishments/expansions works.
With a reputation for recognising excellence in retail destinations throughout the world, ICSC Europe awarded the following centres and developers/owners for their distinction and dominance in the marketplace –
- New Developments – Medium: Shopping Rive Gauche in Charleroi, Belgium
- New Developments – Large: Docks Bruxsel in Brussels, Belgium
- New Developments – Extra Large: Posnania in Poznań, Poland
- Refurbishments/Expansions – Medium: Capitol Shopping Center – Istanbul in Turkey
- Refurbishments/Expansions – Large: Izmir Optimum in Izmir, Turkey
- Established Centres – Extra Large: Westfield Stratford City – London, United Kingdom
- Regeneration Award – Medium: Shopping Rive Gauche in Charleroi, Belgium. (The Regeneration Award is only given when the ICSC Shopping Centre Awards Jury agrees that a project, developer, architect, manager or retailer is committed to long-term sustainable development.)
- Resource Award – Westfield Stratford City in London, United Kingdom
In addition, the ICSC European Shopping Centres Award Jury recognised five further centres:
- New Developments – Medium (Commendation): Victoria Gate in Leeds, United Kingdom
- New Developments – Large (Commendation): ParkLake in Bucharest, Romania
- New Developments (Specialised Centres): McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Provence in Miramas, France
- Refurbishment/Expansions – Medium (Commendation): Hoog Catharijne – Utrecht, Netherlands
- Refurbishment/Expansions – Extra Large (Commendation): Westquay South in Southampton, United Kingdom
The jury members, made up of distinguished representatives from the commercial property sector across Europe, awarded the winning shopping centres for their excellence within the market.
Bill Kistler, Executive Vice President & Managing Director of EMEA at ICSC, stated, “The European Shopping Centre Awards recognise the centres that are leading the charge for excellence in the commercial property sector today. Reputation and centre notoriety is key within our industry, and we are delighted to be able to provide a strong platform to the winners and finalists professionally via our industry leader attendees and thought leaders.”