Ticker

GPEP TAKES OVER PORTFOLIO & ASSET MANAGEMENT MANDATE FOR SUPERSTORES AND RETAIL PARKS

GPEP GmbH (“GPEP”), has taken over the portfolio as well as the asset and property management rights for a portfolio of 3 superstores and 3 special retail centres with strong anchor tenants on behalf of an institutional investor.

The 6 properties, having a combined rental space of over 54,000 sq m, generate annual rental incomes in excess of 5.1 million euros.

The goal is the further technical and economic optimisation of the properties through extensions and alterations. This is intended to result in a near-term increase in the occupancy rate from its present level of above 90% to almost 100% on the one hand as well as increased property values over the long term on the other hand.

An attractive tenant mix, including food outlets, and a welcoming ambience should help retain existing tenants over the long term while at the same time gaining new tenants.

The properties are located in Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland- Palatinate, Hesse and Bavaria and are easily accessible and visible. Around 40% of the space is leased to food retailers, including Kaufland, real and REWE. The remaining, mixed-use, areas are, at just under 60%, operated by retailers in the areas of textiles, household goods, DIY and automotive.

Jochen Friedrich, Managing Director of GPEP. Image: GPEP
Jochen Friedrich, Managing Director of GPEP. Image: GPEP

“We are now also seeing an increase in the targeted demand for active asset management in the retail sector. To optimise their portfolios, investors are using specialists”, explained Jochen Friedrich, Managing Director of GPEP, whose areas of responsibility also include marketing and sales.

“In contrast to residential and office properties, the high profile of the potential tenants such as chain stores or textile chains is just as important to generate maximum returns for investors as is the assessment of the location and the technical expertise”, added Herwart Reip, Managing Director of GPEP GmbH, whose areas of responsibility also include due diligence as well as portfolio management and financing.

Sign up for our ACROSS Newsletter. Subscribe to ACROSS Magazine.

Ticker MORE

McArthurGlen starts work on Europe’s largest living wall installation at Ashford Designer Outlet

McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Ashford announced that work has started on Europe’s largest living wall installation, which forms part of the centre’s £90 million expansion. Made up of approximately 120,000 plants, the 25,000 sq. ft. living wall installation is set to create a striking atmosphere in the centre, with beautiful vertical gardens covering the walls of the new entry promenade, various walkways and many of the new stores.

Sonae Sierra avoids operating costs of 25 million euros in 2018 thanks to its sustainability measures

​Sonae Sierra’s financial and operational results in 2018 reveal its solid performance and the successful implementation of its strategy. Likewise, the company has demonstrated its capacity to creating shared value by addressing sustainability issues while getting good financial results.

BRIGHTON’S HANNINGTONS LANE IS NOW OPEN

Hanningtons Lane has opened to the public and visitors are able to walk down Brighton’s newest Lane for the very first time. Redevco and its main contractor Westridge have been working hard on the creation of the city’s new retail and cultural quarter for two years and retailers are now starting to move in and fit our their stores.

FAR opens Saint Laurent Paris boutique and Boss boutique at Frankfurt Airport

Frankfurt Airport Retail (FAR), a joint venture between Gebr. Heinemann and airport operator company Fraport, is bringing the first Saint Laurent Paris boutique to a German airport.

Polish Council of Shopping Centres is strengthening its management

New experts to be included in the board are associated with Amrest, Apsys, Dentons and Atrium among other companies.

POLO RALPH LAUREN STRIDES INTO LIVERPOOL ONE

Grosvenor Europe has announced that global fashion brand, Polo Ralph Lauren, has officially opened its 1,900 sq ft new store on Liverpool ONE’s Peter’s Lane.