Adigeo is the first shopping center in Italy to be rated at the highest certification level of LEED which is one of the best-known international classification systems for energy- and environment-friendly planning of buildings. At the same time, it is the first LEED certificate for ECE.
This special award underscores the extensive commitment ECE has shown in promoting sustainability which it has now taken stock of in its newly issued sustainability report. Examples from the wide spectrum of successes and results of its sustainability activities are:
- Over 70 certified properties: Currently, 56 ECE properties are certified in accordance with the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB); 15 of these are platinum, 37 gold, 3 silver, and 1 is bronze. A BREEAM certificate has been awarded to 15 properties. As an internationally active company, ECE supports all notable certification systems and places a strong emphasis on a sustainable image for the properties it develops and operates, together with their certification.
- 14 million kWh of electricity saved annually: By implementing the most modern LED technology in a total of 41 centers and 25 parking garages, energy consumption is reduced by almost half as compared to conventional lighting concepts.
- Further 1.7 million kWh electricity savings per year: through modernization of the ventilation systems in a total of 21 centers.
- Avoidance of 123,000 tons of CO2 emissions: in the year 2017 alone, by using green electricity in place of conventional electricity. 99% of ECE centers in Germany as well as company headquarters in Hamburg are supplied exclusively with green electricity.
- A total of 150 charging points in ECE centers: with these, ECE makes an active contribution to expanding the charging facilities for electric vehicles and to more sustainable mobility. Further charging stations are planned in 2018.
The report is available for download on the ECE website at: www.ece.com/sustainability.