After ten years of uncertainty, the new age is beginning to take shape: the ever more informed customer has become a spoilt ‘kidult’. Convenience, simplicity and positive emotions dominate their shopping experience.
By contrast, retailers are slowly beginning to know their customers better thanks to ever more precise data, increasing the demands on managers and employees. Learning and unlearning approaches more quickly regardless of their previous success is a key skill.
Who will make it, who won’t? What are the typical errors made by managers? What is coming and what is not? At the International Retail Summit, streetwise newcomers and seasoned innovators discuss questions such as:
- Voice control, Internet of Things, A.I. – what are the key digital trends?
- Will Amazon and Alibaba define the business models of the future?
- What new shop formats are being created?
- And what jobs, when services and logistics are becoming ever more important
- Will millennials determine the future of retail?
- How can retailers win the battle for top talents and recruit the right leaders for the new age?
- Fabrice Zumbrunnen, President of the Executive Board, Federation of Migros Cooperatives
- Behshad Behzadi, Distinguished Engineer, Google
- Sir Ian Cheshire, Chairman, Debenhams and Maisons du Monde
- Terry Young, CEO, sparks & honey
- Richard Kelly, Chief Catalyst, Fung Academy, Fung Group
- Sandrine Retailleau, President and Co-Founder, La Salle de Sport with Reebook
- Stephan Zoll, CEO, Signa Sports Group
- Pierluigi Collina, leadership expert and legendary referee
For more information and the complete list of speakers: 68th International Retail Summit